Spread The Word
The success of Citizens for Better Schools’ campaign for the HISD Bonds depends on you! Help us Spread the Word!
Talk to your neighbors and parents at your local school. Tell them how important it is for children to have a good learning environment.
The average age of a secondary school in HISD is over 50 years. Many of these high schools have great histories and have educated generations of Houstonians. But the time has come to renovate or replace them, so that they may serve the future as well as they have served the past. Among the deficiencies that should be replaced are plumbing fixtures, water system, lighting and wiring, exterior windows, concrete flooring, fire alarm and security systems, roadways and track and athletic facilities.
Study after study has shown that children have more difficulty learning in inadequate school buildings. The 21st Century School Fund, a Washington D.C. non-profit, reports that these inadequate facilities may result in reduced learning time, distractions from learning, inability to provide specialized curricula, less supervision of students’ behavior and reduced ability to help students with specials needs.
Those over 65 can request a mail ballot. Early voting begins October 22 and runs through November 2. You can vote at any early voting location. Election Day is November 6. Election information is available at www.harrisvotes.org.
There are several easy ways you can help us ensure the successful passage of the HISD Bond.
- Sign up for our e-newsletter.
- Call ten friends and family members and tell them why you are Voting FOR the HISD Bond. Encourage them to do the same.
- Pick up a Vote FOR Our Schools bumper sticker or yard sign at the Great Schools Houston office. 4621 Montrose, Suite B 110 | Houston, TX 77006 | 713-522-1328
- Vote early. Early Voting starts October 22 and runs through November 2. For more information on Early Voting times and locations, click here.
- Like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter. Share Facebook posts and re-Tweet content from our pages.
- Make a financial donation. Every little bit helps.
Vote FOR the HISD Bond! Election Day is November 6.